Monday, 15 September 2014

My Attempt At A Midnight Feast

If you've read books of Enid Blyton such as the Malory Towers series, The St. Clare's series and the Naughtiest Girl series, you'll know there are a TON of midnight feasts involved.
Enid also describes exactly what all food the characters eat. 

For instance:- 

'New rolls, anchovy paste, a big round jam tart in a cardboard box, oranges, lime juice, a fat lettuce and some ham sandwiches - it seemed a very nice assortment indeed.'

'She set to work to cut three big plates of well-buttered slices of bread, put out apricot jam, raspberry and strawberry, and a selection of home-made buns that made the children's mouths water.'(Generous,isn't she?)

                                                                    - Famous Five-Five Get Into Trouble


Need I say more?

So, I decided that I would do a midnight feast. I told Lily and my cousin who was staying over that day about my idea. Guess what their reaction was.

(I just hope my cousin doesn't strangle me for the way I've drawn his hair... )

So I decided to do it alone. This is what happened.

I went to bed somewhat early and set the alarm to ring at midnight.
When I did wake up at midnight, I went downstairs and found my mom watching TV.
I just grabbed some snacks and joined her. After a while, she left to got to sleep after telling me not to stay up too late. I went back to bed after about an hour or so I think. 

I hope I'll have a more successful midnight feast the next time I do it.

1 comment:

  1. Next time you plan a midnight feast (or any feast, for that matter), count me in!

    ReplyDelete